The aim of the i-VITAL project is to create a novel vital sign monitoring and accident detection system to be seamlessly integrated into helmets and garments capable of providing with accurate accident information (e.g. location, severity) and direct communication to emergency services. The system will be eCall compliant and it will integrate energy harvesting capabilities into helmets and garments in order to maximize the alert time of the system. i-VITAL will also develop techniques that continuously analyse vital data in real-time and warn the rider in order to prevent possible accidents or health hazards.
Scientific and Technological Objectives
Overall project objective:
i-VITAL will develop an electronic active safety system to be seamlessly integrated into motorcycle helmets and garments with the following features:
- Real-time health monitoring through biosignal data acquisition
- Real-time data processing capabilities for hazardous situation detection
- Bluetooth interface to smartphone and automatic call generation
- eCall complaint system
- Storing of vital signs data for post-processing with software tool for PC and smart phone data analysis
- Automatic warnings to driver when critical situations are detected
- Energy Harvesting to guarantee non-stop monitoring
The project development will bring the following scientific advances compared to the current state of the art: http://cialisviagras.com/cialis-super-active/
Research of new heart monitoring techniques within the context of i-VITAL:
- Heart monitoring in the helmet.
- Non-contact body ECG for garment integration.
Research of affordable dry contact EEG monitoring system and alternative techniques to detect consciousness.
To develop critical situation detection algorithms from biosignals and impact information.
The i-VITAL technological work had the following main goals: